Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Hummus
Tasty, fiber-full, vegan 'cookie dough' hummus
- 1 15-ounce can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup 100% unsalted smooth natural peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 1/3 cup rice syrup (or liquid allulose or inulin for sugar-free*)
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Few drops vanilla stevia, optional, to taste (we like NuNaturals Vanilla NuStevia or Omica)
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed in a food processor and process until completely smooth and creamy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary. Be patient as this long process time is crucial to the texture of the final product.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness, if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*You can find the low-carb, high-fiber allulose and inulin syrups on Amazon.