Easy Cocoa-Nutty Drop Cookies
These little goodies are not only simple to make, they take just a few pantry ingredients, require zero cooking and are straight-up addictive. I grew up on my mom's traditional no-bake cookies - loaded with sugar and butter. This upgraded raw vegan version (with a no-added-sugar option) has neither. Rich with healthy fat from the coconut oil and peanut butter and fiber from the oats, they truly satisfy.
- ½ cup coconut oil, well softened
- 2/3 cup natural unsalted peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- ½ cup liquid sweetener of choice, or more to taste (use agave nectar for vegan, raw honey, or inulin or cassava syrup for low-sugar)
- 6 tablespoons cacao or dark cocoa powder (I love Cacao Berry Extra Brute cocoa powder for the deepest chocolatey flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups coconut flakes
- 1½ cups whole rolled oats
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter, sweetener of choice, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt in bowl of mixer, and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add coconut and oats, and beat until well incorporated and mixture forms a loose "dough."
- Using a tablespoon, drop generous dollops (about 1.5-inch rounds) of dough into a glass storage container or wax paper-lined plastic container.
- Cover container and chill for 30 minutes in freezer or 1 hour in fridge. Store in fridge or freezer and serve chilled.